Thank you for considering A. J. Mills Photography. We feature an artistic blend of Photojournalistic, candid and elegant Traditional photography, capturing the full emotion of your wedding day in black and white,sepia and vibrant color. We are a full time wedding photography studio with over 25 years of experience professionally photographing weddings which has grown mostly by word of mouth referrals from extremely satisfied brides and grooms. We form very strong relationships with our clients as we make their experience fun and enjoyable. We also do many types of portrait photography, engagement photos, family portraits, children’s portraits, high school seniors, and even the family pet. We also offer professional video services, and slideshows for weddings and special events.
1. How many hours of wedding coverage will we receive on the wedding day?
A. J. Mills Photography does not charge by the hour. All of our wedding packages are full coverage. We start where the bride is getting ready, and are there until the last dance at the end of the reception. We have no restrictions on movement from one location to another.
2. What type of equipment is used?
We use the latest in hi-tech digital camera’s Canon 1DsMarkII-16 megapixels, Canon EOS 5D-12.8 megapixels Canon 70-200 2.8L series lens with image stabilizer, Canon 16-35mm 2.8 L series lens, 120-300 2.8 lens for use mostly on church weddings, and other lenses, filters and accessories made for professional use. professional lighting equipment.
3. What is retouching?
When images are put into Photoshop for adjustments.
4. What type of adjustments are included at no additional charge?
5. What type of adjustments can be done at an additional charge?
6. Does your company carry liability insurance?
Yes, we are covered by liability insurance.
7. Do you charge for travel?
We do not charge for travel when shooting a wedding within a 100 mile radius of Sarasota.
8. When will I receive my wedding proofs?
All wedding proofs are ready for delivery within 2-3 weeks of the wedding date.
9. Can your wedding proofs be viewed on the internet?
Yes, we offer internet viewing with some of our packages, where all your photos can be viewed and purchased in color,Black&White or Sepia..
10. How many proofs will I receive?
At most weddings, we shoot between 1100-1600 photos.The number of proofs that you will receive, depends on the wedding package that you choose. The least amount is 250 with our smallest package, and 450 with our largest. We don’t put a limit on the number of photos taken at the wedding.
11. Is black and white or Sepia photography extra?
There is no extra charge for black and white or Sepia photography.
12. Are your wedding proofs marked or stamped?
No. Wedding proofs are fine quality photographs printed on Kodak Endura paper, which is suppose to last over 100 years. We put no markings on the front, however, they are numbered and copyrighted on the back.
13. Is it possible to purchase an extra set of wedding proofs?
Yes, an extra set of wedding proofs are available for $1.25 per photo, if a full set is purchased..
14. Who pays for shipping, and how is it shipped?
We provide free packaging and handling. The shipping is paid by the customer.
15. How much time is required for the taking of formal pictures?
Formal pictures usually require app. one hour, depending on the size of the wedding party, and the organization.
16. Should I make a list of desired photos for the wedding photographer?
A. J. Mills Photography requests a list of photos of family combinations and bride and groom shots to ensure all photos to be taken. If any guest or relatives are coming from far away or out of town please put them on your list.
17. Can I customize a wedding package?
Yes, we will customize any of our wedding packages to meet your individual needs.
18. How do I reserve my date?
To reserve your wedding date, a $600 deposit is required. Once we have received a deposit for that date, the date is no longer available. We accept all major credit cards, personal checks, or cash.
19. Does the wedding photographer require a meal?
Yes, the photographer & assistant definitely work up an appetite photographing the events. A hot meal is greatly appreciated, and please consider seating them in the main room, to ensure that any events that may occur during dinner time are not missed.
20. When is the final balance due?
A. J. Mills Photography requires that the final payment be made two weeks prior to the wedding date. Payment can be made by all major credit cards, checks or cash.
21. Can I see examples of your work?
Yes,Although you can view photos on our website, they don’t show the true quality of our work. We encourage you to take the time to make an appointment to meet with us in person, and to view our work first hand.
22. If I am planning a destination wedding, will A.J. Mills Photography help in assisting with suggestions and referrals including venues, florists, bands, DJ’s, Officiants, hair & makeup artists etc…
Yes, A.J. Mills Photography will be more than happy to help you in many ways by offering great suggestions on the best places, and true professionals to help make your special day everything that you dreamed it would be. Do you also offer professional video services? Answer: Yes, we offer a complete coverage video package for your wedding day.